Originally from Reading, PA, he has considered Harrisburg home for many years, and is related, according to family folklore, to John Harris, founder of Harrisburg. One day he'll get around to tracking down the family tree.
RJ's full name is Richard John Harris; named after Phillies legend Richie Ashburn because his older twin brothers insisted on it. He has worked in New York City for NBC. Also Chicago, Philadelphia, Nashville, and Sacramento. Married to Bonnie since 1972. Three children: Mike, Eric, and Christi, and three grand children: Lydia, Leah, and Lucy.
RJ Harris is also an author! He once weighed 400 pounds and now weights 185. RJ has kept his weight off and has inspired many to lose weight. He is availble to speak to your group about his life-long battle with obesity.
- Distinguished Service - Marine Corp League
- NAIFA- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors "PA Humanitarian of the Year" 2008
- Capital Area SERTOMA Club- Sertoman of the Year 2008
- Special Olympics PA "State Personality of the Year 1999 and 2009"
- Chapel of the Four Chaplains- Inducted 2003
- UNICEF- Humanitarian Citation from Huge Downs for Earthquake relief
- Governor Robert Casey - Citation for fund raising for flood relief
- Named "Harrisburg's Official Humorist" by Mayor Reed
- Named "The Morning Mayor" by Harrisburg Mayor Reed
-Recipient of Legion of Honor Bronze Medallion from the Chapel of Four Chaplains.
-Recipient of Sevel Seals Award from the National Guard and Reserve
I guess that's one way to kick the habit...
Thirty-one-year-old Etta Mae Lopez allegedly slapped a Sacramento County sheriff's deputy across the face this week to kick her cigarette habit by getting herself thrown into jail.
Deputy Matt Campoy was able to accommodate the woman's unorthodox method for smoking cessation, booking her into the smoke-free county jail on suspicion of battery on a peace officer.
Read more at the Sacramento Bee
Read more: http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/timconwayjr.html#ixzz2TAr9aTSo